Monday, February 23, 2009

8 Mysteries of Me

Here are the rules:
1) Post rules on your blog
2) Answer the six '8' items
3) Let each person know by leaving them a comment.

(and rule 4 - look for a picture to make things interesting - find an old one that you'd forgotten about but love, and stick it on your post... jk)

8 favorite TV shows:
1. The Office
2. Lost
3. The Amazing Race
4. American Idol
5. The Biggest Loser
6. So You Think You Can Dance
7. Good Eats*
8. Iron Chef America*
* (doesn't matter cuz we don't have cable)

8 Things I did Yesterday:
1. Woke up at 6:30 without an alarm -Drove to Orange County to pick up Tyler from his conference
2. Went to my parent's ward for church (saw old friends)
3. Sat through Sunday School AND Relief Society WITHOUT making a comment : )
4. Hung out with Granny Goose, B & Jay, and the fam
5. Ate a belated birthday luncheon my mom arranged for me (flank steak, funeral potatoes, fruit salad, broccoli and red cake - delicious!) - thanks for driving out grandparents
6. Learned to do a long-tail cast on and purl (it's knitting - I started a dish cloth)
7. Caught up on the first 3 episodes of Lost (oh baby!!)
8. Stayed up late into the night talking to Tyler (gotta make up for all that non-talking during church)


(speaking of B & Jay - here's a pic Liza took for us a couple years ago when I was trying to get a group shot - see how good a picture you get from a 3-year old?)

8 Things I'm looking forward to:
1. world peace
2. So You Think You Can Dance on DVD (all seasons - come on - where's the love)?
3. my sweet P90X six pack (it could happen)
4. hot shower with ginger citrus sugar scrub
5. lifetime supply of Life Cereal, Cranberry Almond Crunch, and Cap'n Crunch
6. winning a random drawing that doesn't involve junk mail or phone calls - like a random cruise package or trip to Disney World
7. spring
8. dude - I just finished a trip to Hawaii and a weekend home with the fam - what do I really have to look forward to? life is good.

8 favorite restaurants:
1. I don't eat at restaurants a lot - and there are so many chains around - I can't say they're favorites - just what's around
2. so the last few that I've been to, and would return to, say if invited by Tyler, are:
3. California Pizza Kitchen (yes, I own and use their cookbook frequently - but having THEM make my food is even faster and easier - and hurray for no clean up - and NO, their freezer pizzas aren't even close)
4. Los Dos Patrillos
5. Thai Basil (let's hear it for their crispy duck and curry sauce!)
6. that Italian place downtown that we found when wandering - totally yummy - and the "locals favorite feel" that I love
7. Did I mention Italian and Mexican food places?
8. And every once in awhile (like twice a year) a great steak place - uh - what's it called? where we had our first Twiss Dental Christmas party....BROOKS!


8 Things on my wish list:
1. Spike a volleyball like Sheri O.
2. Serve a volleyball like Sheri O.
3. Legs like Natalie (I'm wishing here, right?)
4. All paint projects in my house to magically complete themselves (Mary Poppins - where are you?)
5. The ability to extend my days by 4 hours and still get 9 hours of sleep
6. TiVo back in my life
7. An iphone
8. a standing appointment with a maid and a masseuse (though not at the same time)

8 people I tag:
1. Shelby
2. Natalie
3. Naomi
4. Peter
5. Andrea (we just gotta hear from ya!)
6. Michelle
7. Becky
8. Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. It was a lot of fun to learn more about you, Sarah. Yay! I'm glad to hear you can knit. I have to re-learn every few years because I don't do it often enough. When it's that time again, I'll know who to call if I can't figure it out with my book. :)

    ReplyDelete