Sunday, April 19, 2009

Landon's Three!

How on earth did we go from this:


to this:



so quickly?

These last three years have been all the happier with my lovebug Landon around. A few things I love about Landon:

- his cheery disposition. He is a happy, happy boy, who is content to play by himself or with others. He doesn't get his feathers ruffled very easily, which is good, since he has an older sister that likes to play boss (that's the job of the oldest, though, isn't it - to play boss?). We say that his laid back attitude is a bit of his Hawaiian heritage showing through : ) Who wouldn't love a kid that sings to himself, narrates his own train encounters, and happily says "HII Mom" whenever you see him?

-his enthusiasm for life. A video would truly be the best way to see how excited he gets about things (trains, in particular), but trust me when I say his voice goes up at least an octave when he's sharing exciting news. He's a bit difficult to understand, but it's even more so when he's talking a mile a minute about something. Luckily, no one can miss the excitement in his face or the tenor of the conversation.



-his lovebug ways. He lets me kiss on him and love him. Since birth he's always been more of a cuddler than Liza. And, don't tell him I said so (because he'll respond quite adamantly that it's not true), but he's still got wonderful chubby cheeks that just beg to be kissed.


-his little streak of the devil. Too bad he's so smart, because he is two steps ahead on many situations. His father is quite proud to see that sometimes Landon likes to do things just to be a pest (a different heritage showing through there). You can tell that he knows what he's doing is wrong (before he even does it), but he's got a special grin for those occasions -(and it stays on all the way through time out - until he's on to the next great adventure).




Landon's wish for his birthday? Lots of blue cupcakes, lots of cherries (on top), and lots of TRAINS. We were more than happy to accommodate.



Happy Birthday, Landon!

6 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe how much more he looks like a little boy than the last I saw him. I loved reading all the things you love about him--I feel like I got to know him a little better because of it.

    And I love the blue cupcakes with the cherries on top. They looking super cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weird kid. Everyone (me) knows that cupcakes should be chocolate devils food without icing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Landon! What a fun sounding kid...and SO cute! I hope Blake lets his cheeks stay around for a while cause I love them too! They just make a kid cuter, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured him perfectly! He's such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute Sarah! I loved to hear about Landon. He sounds perfect for Nyah. :) Chubby, little cheeks are great for kissing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has it been three whole years since we left Hawaii?!!? It makes the heart hurt. We were so sad to miss you guys tonight. We will get together SOON!! Happy Birthday Landon!

    ReplyDelete