Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Jobs

Now that summer is here, Liza and Landon are expected to pick up the pace with their summer jobs. And believe me, they work their tails off around here.


Exhibit A:
The strenuous task of peeling apples for our apple pie:
(and yes, she will only turn the crank as quickly as she can get it into her mouth)


Exhibit B:
Making and selling lemonade - a first for Liza and Audrey


notice that the sign says the lemonade is free. Well, they conveniently had a tip jar out - in which they earned $2! The nice neighbors across the street were their only customers, and I swear they emptied their entire cash drawer from the car into the girls' cup. Two dollars for two cups of lemonade! I'd say the girls turned quite a profit.
It's probably a good thing nobody else was out on a Monday morning buying lemonade; on the occasions when I happened to glance out - at least one of the kids was "pouring" or "stirring" or what have you into that not-so-sterile pitcher of lemonade. Who knows what flavor it was by the time they were done!

3 comments:

  1. $2 is a great profit! I love that they did it for free. The lemonade sounds quite delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet! I would have "bought" lemonade from them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i were there i would of loved some lemonade! I love doing that apple thing!!

    ReplyDelete