Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tyler's Update



Tyler, like many of you, lives some of the children's life vicariously through pictures and videos. Sad to be the working dad, huh? He wasn't exactly impressed with Landon's video, since it didn't showcase his skills, so asked that I take a new video. So, I took a new video and included it below. The picture above is him mid-cannonball (and me doing what I always do - standing around the pool supervising).

In other news, we were super excited to see Tyler's parents for the first time since they left on their mission 2 years ago!! They got to spend the weekend with us, and it was such a treat. We had a regular Sunday agenda, and then went to the pool with them on Monday while Tyler was at work. Tyler had a soccer game that night, so they got to go see him play for the first time in years and years. I'm so glad it won't be two more years until our next visit!

(hanging out)
Finally, speaking of seeing people - it's been awhile since we've seen a lot of Tyler. He had a hectic work schedule in June, plus was in charge of High Adventure with the Varsity Scouts. Needless to say, most of his free time (what little he had of it) was spent preparing for the trip, doing a solo camp-out to do a dry-run of the trip, and then the trip itself. He had a great time! More on that later...
So, when he was home from work by 2 in the afternoon yesterday, we were all super excited. I think Liza's been reading too much Fancy Nancy, but regardless, she wanted to take Daddy out to a fancy dinner. So, after doing some exciting tasks on his "honey-do" list, we changed into our fancy clothes, and went out for Fatburger. Some pictures of us, pre-fatty, and at our fancy date night :)


2 comments:

  1. What a cute post. I'm sure your July is going to be just as hectic! Loved the video of Landon swimming - I'm super impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like fun sarah...you are beautiful pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete